Monday, February 27, 2012

Warm heart; Cold bed...

I have the biggest heart and yet I only get to share it with close family and friends. I go to bed at night with a warm heart and a cold bed. I don't know that I'm ready to share it with someone every night but I'm just wondering why this damn thing is sooo cold. Sometimes while sleeping I wake up reaching to the other side of the bed. It sounds sad but I laugh at myself because I know very well that there is no one there. I have not had a sleepover with a man in so long that I wouldn't know what to do if he was warming up the left side of my bed.  The song by Trey Songz "Your Side of the Bed" comes in my head while typing this because who knew that there was assigned sleeping in a relationship.
So, now to figure out if I should trade in a warm heart for a cold one just to get a warm bed. NAAHHHH! I will not give up my true self for a man. I want it to come naturally. 
I will continue to keep this warm heart and maybe invest in getting a body pillow and turn it sideways and throw a leg over it. Maybe I will call him Roger. 
I look forward to many a warm nights and my heart to soon melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment