Saturday, February 18, 2012

Looking for love in all the wrong places...

I received the weirdest text message this morning. I was in a long distance relationship and he texted me with just four words. 'I need a wife'. I thought that I was going to pass out considering we were planning to get married just last year. We went on a trip to see my son for his high school graduation and it turned out to be the worse trip of my life. The fact that I was with him in the first place makes me question my judgement. Did I just want to be in a relationship? Or did I really love this guy? We knew each other from childhood and he found me on FB and things blossomed from that. We talked on the phone a few times a day. I took a trip to see him. Things weren't the greatest when I was there but we did have some fun. I don't go down the same road twice and I don't ever go back to old relationships. But that still makes me question myself on if I'm looking for love in all the wrong places. Why would I date someone that found me on FB? I have a few exes on FB that I have casual friendships with but no one that I would ever want to date again. Once I say that I'm done with something I am done. He thinks that we should try again but I know that in my heart of hearts that will never happen.
His reasoning for straying away from his feelings is so ridiculous. When you get to a certain age things should be taken into consideration before you make a decision. I mean who seeks out someone that they have not seen in over years and after nine months you flake on them? I don't want to ever be that vulnerable again and put myself out there because I think that I want to be in love.
I will make sure that this journey is thought about. We will see what comes of this but I will never look for love in the wrong place ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment